Recently, Hideo Kojima, the mastermind behind the Metal Gear games, gave an interview regarding the highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid 4. Here are some details.
– Kojima didn’t comment on the “young Snake” at the end of the TGS trailer, but said that the injections Snake would give himself in the neck are extremely important (meaning a difference between life and death).
– Weapons will be customizable, and according to Kojima, we will be suprised to what extent. He also said that there will be plenty of existing and under going development weapons.
– The suit that Snake will be wearing will only change in appearence, but not in size. What this means, is that you will be able to go against walls, but if you want to be an apple, that won’t work.
– Raiden will not be a playable character.
– There are concrete ideas about how MGS: Portable Ops for the PSP will be compatible with MGS 4, though Kojima revealed no more.
– The state of mind of your enemies will be important. For example, if you scare the crap out of them somehow, they won’t search for you as long.
– As it was previoulsy revealed, you can join forces with both sides in the war, and if you want, both at the same time. Most often, you will ally yourself, not with who you might think is better, but with who you think will help you stay alive longer in battle.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming in one year…