Sony started things off with a bang, introducing Beyond, the next title from Quantic Dream. Ellen Page will play the main character, Jody Holmes, while we experience 15 years of her life in Quantic Dream’s trademark cinematic style. Check the video above for more.
We also got a look at PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, along with news that it will be coming to the Vita as well and feature cross-platform play. Also revealed are new characters Nathan Drake and the Big Daddy from BioShock. It will be out this holiday season.
This month, PlayStation Plus will get inFamous 2, Saints Row 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 as well as nine other free games, while sometime this summer PS1 Classics will finally arrive on the Vita. Hulu Plus and Crackle will also be getting apps on the Vita later this year.
Assassin’s Creed: Liberation will be coming to the PS Vita and will be a spinoff of Assassin’s Creed 3. It will also feature the first female assassin and have some cross-platform bonuses between AC3 and Liberation.
Assassin’s Creed 3 made an appearance as well, of course, this time with a tropical theme as we control a vessel sailing in the Caribbean. Ship-to-ship combat and boarding maneuvers will be the focus of the sea sections.
Some more notes:
- Far Cry 3 will have 4 player co-op, in its own fully contained campaign.
- Sony’s Move is getting a new application in Wonderbook, a series of augmented reality books for children. The first book that will be released for it is Book of Spells, by J. K. Rowling. Other books will follow.
- PlayStation Suite is getting renamed to PlayStation Mobile, expanding to more Android tablets and phones, starting with HTC devices.
- Before today’s briefing, Sony revealed that Sound Shapes would be arriving for both PS3 and PS Vita in August for $14.99. It will also have cross-platform play, and buying it once nets you both versions.
- God of War: Ascension made an appearance and it seems to be appropriately bloody and violent, possibly moreso than the previous games in the series.
- Lastly, The Last of Us was shown, giving us a sampling of the melee and weapon combat we have to look forward to.