Sony celebrated the launch of LittleBigPlanet 2 with a marathon stream event this week, setting multiple world records and generally showing off what LBP2 can do. The event, held at the Sony Style store in New York City, had four gamers play the game for fifty hours (and one minute).
The event was hosted by Sony mainstays Jeff Rubenstein and Veronica Belmont, as well as Daniel and Austin from the LittleBigPodcast. Here are the records they set:
- Longest marathon playing LittleBigPlanet 2
- Longest marathon playing a platform video game
- Most video game genres played in one video game in 24 hours
- Most user-generated video game levels played in 24 hours
- Most user-generated video game levels played in a video game marathon
We’ll have a review of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the near future.